WGI Winds World Championships | April 22-23, 2017
Volunteers are essential for providing the experience that members, staff and fans expect from WGI. Please read the following information and if you are interested in volunteering, use the link towards the bottom of the page to tell us more!
- Hotel accommodations at the Dayton Marriott Hotel compliments of WGI
- Meals during even times at arenas
- Credentials that allow you entrance to all venues (week specific)
- Shuttle transportation from/to airport and hotel AND to each venue
- Discounts on WGI merchandise
- Free parking
- Commemorative Program Book
- Some, but not all, positions put you near or with a view of unit performances or warm up sites
- Special WGI event attire
- Opportunity to join the WGI Scholarship Committee
- ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK BOTH DAYS – SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!
- All Volunteers must attend the Volunteer Meeting on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:00 pm – Marriott Hotel (Ballroom)
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, or chaperone. For more info contact WGI’s Volunteer Coordinator – Jeanne Strong at Jeanne@wgi.org.
- If your desire is to be with your group or to watch your kid(s) perform, then please, be with your group instead of volunteering. We are not able to accommodate your schedule if you have any type of competing unit affiliations, and we will not have the means to allow you “time-off” to go see any special performance.
Once completed, you will receive additional information via email around the first of the year. You will have one more survey of info to fill out at that time and then WHEN if you have been selected as an official World Championships volunteer. Please be certain that your email address listed on the Volunteer Interest Form is current and accurate to ensure you receive all communications. If you are a returning volunteer from prior years, additional information will automatically be emailed to you, you DO NOT need to submit the Volunteer Interest Form.
QUESTIONS: contact WGI’s Volunteer Coordinator – Jeanne Strong at Jeanne@wgi.org.
DEADLINE: The deadline to submit a Volunteer Interest Form is Monday, February 1, 2017!