As WGI welcomes you back to the city of Dayton, the health and well-being of our participants, audiences, staff, and volunteers continue to be our number one priority. For everyone's protection, the 2022 WGI Sport of the Arts World Championships will follow all federal, state, and local policies and mandates at the time of the event.
Currently, all performance venues have a “MASK OPTIONAL” policy. Therefore, masks are not required while inside the arenas, expo tent, during warm up, or performances.
Percussion and Winds groups who wish to isolate their performers from fans during their “lot warm-up” may create a barrier (caution tape etc.) to maintain the separation preferred by your group. Each group is responsible for making and enforcing their own boundary.
The following additional mitigation protocols are in place for the 2022 WGI Sport of the Arts World Championships:
- WGI has a proof of vaccination policy for all working staff, judges, and volunteers.
- Anyone attending should do a health assessment, and if not feeling well please do not participate in the event.
- Social distancing will be encouraged as much as possible.
- We encourage frequent hand washing per CDC guidelines.
- Contest venues will clean high-traffic areas multiple times each day.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at various locations at each contest venue.
- Traffic patterns will be designed to improve circulation and minimize cross-traffic.
We will continually assess the ever-changing landscape of the pandemic and adjust our health and safety protocols according to the recommendations of local health and government officials.
All of us have a part to play in maximizing the health and safety of everyone at our event, and we very much appreciate everyone’s cooperation. These steps will help us reopen safely to witness unforgettable live performing arts experiences.