Volunteers are essential for providing the experience that members, staff, and fans expect from WGI. Read the following information, and if you are interested in volunteering, fill out the WGI Volunteer Interest Form below to tell us more!
- Shared-occupancy hotel accommodations at the Dayton Marriott
- Meals during event times at arenas
- Credentials that allow you entrance to all venues (weekend specific)
- Shuttle transportation from/to airport and hotel, and from hotel to each venue
- Discounts on WGI merchandise
- Free parking
- Some, but not all, positions give you a view of unit performances or warm-up sites
- Special WGI event attire
- Opportunity to join the WGI Scholarship Committee
- Volunteers must be available Wednesday evening through Saturday evening.
- Volunteers must attend the Volunteer Meeting on the Wednesday prior to their first shift (7 pm at the Dayton Marriott).
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or chaperone who is also volunteering. For more info contact WGI’s Volunteer Coordinator, Julie Noble, at [email protected].
- If your desire is to be with your group or to watch your kid(s) perform, please be with your group instead of volunteering. We do not have the means to guarantee “time-off” to see specific performances.
- Once your interest form is completed, you will receive information on the next steps in the sign-up process via email. Please be certain that your email address listed on the Volunteer Interest Form is current and accurate to ensure you receive all communications.
- Returning volunteers need to complete the Volunteer Interest Form each year.
TIMELINE: The first round of volunteer invitations will go out in early December and spots are limited. Prospective volunteers should signup as early as possible.
QUESTIONS: Contact WGI’s Volunteer Coordinator, Julie Noble, at [email protected].