If you want to catch some of music’s best artists and WGI’s best Northeast Color Guards all together on one stage then make sure you catch the Contemporary Color Documentary Screenings Tour. The documentary is being screened at film festivals in Seattle, WA – Detroit, MI – Syney Australia – Manchester, TN – Dallas, TX and Washington DC starting on May 19 through June 26.
If you are a color guard fan make sure you watch this film and look out for WGI competing groups such as Alter Ego, Field of View, Les Eclipses de Longueuil, Black Watch, Ventures, Mechanicsburg High School, Shenendehowa High School, Emanon and Somerville High School performing in front of sold out crowds. This film also features artists David Byrne, St. Vincent, Nelly Furtado, How To Dress Well, Tune-Yards, Blood Orange, Lucius, Zola Jesus, Beastie Boys, Ira Glass and Nico Muhly. Contemporary Color is directed by the Ross Bros. and Jarred Alterman. The film was recently screened at the Tribeca Film Festical and won the awards for Best Doc. Editing and Best Doc. Cinematography.
- Seattle, WA – SIFF – May 19-June 12
- Detroit, MI – Cinetopia International Film Festival – June 3-12
- Sydney Australia – Sydney Film Festival – June 8-19
- Manchester, TN – Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival – June 9-12
- Dallas, TX – Oak Cliff Film Festival – June 16-19
- Washington DC – AFI Docs – June 22-26