WGI is launching a unique educational performance opportunity for marching arts performers — WGI Solo & Ensemble powered by System Blue.
Performers of all ages may present a short piece and receive personalized, recorded commentary with an overall rating.
- Junior Class: 17 years of age and under
- Senior Class: 18 years of age and above*
*Senior Class participants are not bound by any age limit.
- Color Guard: Flag, Rifle, Sabre, and Movement
- Percussion: Snare Drum, Multi-Tenor Drum, Keyboard, Timpani, and Multi-Percussion*
- Winds – Woodwind: Flute/Piccolo, Oboe, Bassoon, Clarinet/Bass Clarinet, and Saxophone
- Winds – Brass: Trumpet, French Horn/Mellophone, Baritone/Euphonium, Trombone, and Tuba
*any number of percussion instruments played by a solo performer, including a drum set
color guard ensemble categories
- Mixed: any authorized equipment
instrumental ensemble categories
- Mixed: any instrumentation