WGI Sport of the Arts is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Bookkeeper to work in our Dayton, Ohio, headquarters. The position functions in a small office in a highly collaborative environment and should embrace our mission to inspire and educate young people around the world through unparalleled competitions and events.
WGI is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion with a diverse team of employees and welcome the unique contributions individuals bring regardless of race, disability, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
The position of Bookkeeper is currently a part-time position working between 20-30 hours per week but can evolve into a full-time position in the future. In this role, the ideal candidate will be responsible the processing of all financial transactions along with standard accounting duties under the supervision of the Director of Operations. Proper and accurate upkeep of all financial records with superior organizational skills is a must.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Record day to day financial transactions and ensure all expenditures are properly authorized, classified, and documented
- Process accounts receivable/payable tasks in a timely manner
- Prepare and record bank deposits
- Reconcile monthly bank statements for multiple accounts
- Assist in yearly audit of financial records
- Complete and file yearly tax forms
- Organize and maintain all financial documentation
- Create financial reports through collection, analysis, and summarization of data
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks as assigned by the Director of Operations
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration preferred but will consider work experience with proven results
- Solid understanding of general accounting principles with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office with emphasis in Excel
- Brilliant interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of communication and organizational skills
- Must have initiative and be able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Maintain professional relationships with organization stakeholders
- Ability to recognize and keep confidential information
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrate critical decision making
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary history via email to Bart Woodley, Director of Operations at [email protected], or mailed to: WGI Sport of the Arts, 1994 Byers Road, Dayton, OH 45342.