Applications for the I AM WGI: Future Leaders Program are now open!
Application deadline has been extended to 11:59 p.m. December 31, 2020.
The I AM WGI: Future Leaders Program (FLP) aims to lay the groundwork for mentorship of young leaders from the performer ranks of WGI. This program is a comprehensive mentorship and leadership opportunity for highly qualified young people from the performer ranks of WGI.
Designed to foster the next generation of leaders in our activity, this exciting program will provide opportunities for:
- Mentorship with the WGI Board of Directors.
- Outreach and Service to the WGI Community.
- Collaboration with peers from across the entire WGI community.
Click here to Apply!
As a member of the Future Leaders Program, participants will serve as a bridge between WGI, its Board of Directors and the Performing Membership of WGI. Members will act as a conduit for their peers in bringing ideas, issues and questions to the leadership of WGI and engage in direct discussions on building future policies.
Members will also have the opportunity for individual mentorship with the WGI Board of Directors in areas relating to the future leadership of WGI. This includes organizational leadership, public service, artistic development, instruction and judging. They will also learn about the programs, protections and education WGI has to offer and how to take this opportunity to become a leader in the pageantry arts.
Over the course of the year, members will collaboratively brainstorm, create, market, fundraise (if needed) and execute a grassroots project for the WGI community with guidance, mentorship, direction and other resources facilitated by the Board of Directors. As a long term endeavor, this program will leave a tangible, yearly impact on our organization.
Exceptional Candidates will demonstrate:
- A passion for leadership and community service.
- Excellent communication and teamwork.
- Self-drive and motivation.
- A desire to "pay it forward” to their younger generation.
- A willingness to consider new ideas and new ways of thinking.
- The ability to navigate current technology and communication platforms.
Candidates must be:
- Affiliated with a WGI Ensemble from the United States or a member of an Ensemble affiliated with an official WGI Circuit Partner or International Event Partner at the time of application.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age when they submit their application.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the program without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Due to COVID-19, eligibility for 2021 will be based on your affiliation with a unit from the 2020 WGI season.
If approved for the program, all candidates must agree to enroll in and complete a WGI sanctioned SafeSport training course as well as complete all requirements as set forth by the WGI Volunteer Policies and Agreements.
Click here to Apply!