The Combined Schools Application is now CLOSED.
A group in any scholastic class may apply for approval to combine students from multiple schools
within a school district under the following guidelines:
• Groups combining students from multiple schools within a school district may not have another
group in the same division (Color Guard, Percussion, or Winds) participating locally with a Circuit
Partner, or with WGI.
• School districts with multiple competitive field marching band programs within the district will
be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for approval to combine students from multiple schools.
• If approved, all combined groups must compete using a combined name approved by WGI.
• Scholastic groups utilizing students from parochial, vocational, or charter schools, must apply
for approval under combined school guidelines.
• The group shall submit the Combined Schools Participating Group Master Agreement signed by the
district superintendent and filed with the WGI office.
• Groups applying to combine students from multiple schools within a school district must apply
for approval by December 1.
• WGI will have the final determination on whether a group will be permitted to combine students
or combined group is denied, the group has the option to either not include
students from other schools or compete in an independent class.