WGI Sport of the Arts is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Marketing and Communications Manager to work in our Dayton, Ohio, headquarters. The position functions in a small office in a highly collaborative environment under the supervision of the Director of Operations and should embrace our mission to inspire and educate young people around the world through unparalleled competitions and events.
WGI is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion with a diverse team of employees and welcomes the unique contributions individuals bring regardless of race, disability, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In this full-time position, the ideal candidate will be responsible for producing and managing online communications, social media, and print communications. This position requires initiative and candidates must be able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop engaging social media content and social media strategy that reflects WGI’s audience, key message(s) and core values
- Develop, create, and distribute weekly electronic newsletters and email marketing
- Work closely with a graphic designer to create overall brand/design direction
- Work closely with website developers for website updates
- Produce and coordinate a program book for each competitive season
- Recruit and coordinate marketing internships, photographers, and writers year-round
- Lead a team in the development of marketing strategy for the organization
- Coordinate an annual print advertising schedule
- Contributes to team effort
- BS degree in Marketing, Business Communications, or Public Relations
- 1-3 years work experience in the marketing field with proven results
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills, public relations skills, and social media experience
- Proficiency in MS Office and Photoshop
- Brilliant interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrate critical decision making
- Comfort level with Pardot and Salesforce are a plus
- HTML coding experience is a plus
- Marching Arts experience is a plus
- Position requires occasional weekend work and does involve occasional travel
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary history via email to Bart Woodley, Director of Operations at [email protected], or mailed to: WGI Sport of the Arts, 1994 Byers Road, Dayton, OH 45342.