Website Elder High School
Elder High School located in Cincinnati, Ohio is seeking a Color Guard Director effective immediately. This position will oversee all aspects of the guard program in the Elder Band. The Elder High School Marching Band is non-competitive and performs at the home football games, playoff games, local parades, and local festivals. The Winterguard group competes in MEPA Circuit and most recently competed in Scholastic A class and was a WGI Nashville regional finalist in 2022. Applicants with the desire to grow and develop a comprehensive color guard program are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate has WGI and/or DCI experience as well as successful experience teaching in both outdoor and indoor color guard. Pay is competitive and compensated based upon experience.
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
- Oversee and manage the Elder High School Colorguard Program (Colorguard, Winterguard) and report to the Band Director.
- Teach and demonstrate all colorguard implements (Flag, Rifle, Sabre, Dance)
- Create, arrange, and implement color guard choreography, both as an integrated part of the marching band (Field Show and Parades), and for the Winterguard.
- Budget and plan based on program needs and means
- Recruit, grow and maintain the program
- Teach various levels of students from beginner to intermediate
- Attend all summer rehearsals including band camp and summer sectionals then after school rehearsals during the school year
- Be an effective planner in a rehearsal setting
- Maintain a culture that promotes student success
- Maintain and facilitate auditions
- Maintain effective communication with staff, parents, and students
Interested applicants should send an email/resume to Susan Cassidy at [email protected] Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. All candidates are subject to a background check.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com